Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ishara


Tell me, on whose gesture...

..does the rose give out its

fragrance?

Tell me, on whose gesture...

...do the heaps of clouds

release their rain?

...in this world

Tell me, on whose gesture...

...does the moon smile in the sky?

...and the firefly glows...

...in an air of enchantment?

Pondering over all of this...

...my mind becomes lost in

wonderment...

...to a faraway, unknown place

...in this world

Who made the clouds come by

So we can live and be?

Sending rain - so soft and mild

Cleansing you and me?

Who gave me clear eyes to see

The moon when it beams?

He taught me how silent love can be

A road to your dreams

Who taught the mothers of the world -

To love us the way they do?

When all the trials unfurl

All they think of is you

You still make me cry

You still make me laugh

Don't let me ever forget

About our golden past

And so the world moves on its way

Newcomers join every day

Tomorrow they will say...

1 comment: